Tuesday, April 2

Tasty Tuesday: layered mediterranean dip



So tasty tuesday hasn't shown up in a while, but I have such great food over spring break at my parents that I required it make a reappearance. This is technically called "layered mediterranean dip" but I just call it awesome. It's basically the best spring/summer meal. I guess its probably an appetizer, but I just ate this. Hummus is really filling and it has so many other things in it that I am pretty sure you hit all the basic food groups. Get ready to go shopping, but I promise, you need to try this.

It's made with cilantro pesto, so I'll include that recipe first.

Cilantro Pesto
-1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro
-2 cloves garlic, chopped
-1/3 cup olive oil, divided
-2 tbsp pecans
-2 tbsp pine nuts
-1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

To assemble dip you layer everything, like seven layer dip
-hummus on the bottom (I make this but you can use the store kind, too.)
-cilantro pesto
-cucumber, seeded and diced
-red onion, diced
-banana peppers, chopped
-sliced olives (I used kalamata, but black work fine, too)
-crumbled feta cheese
-oven dried tomatoes (I used my mom's antipasto tomatoes that she makes from tomatoes in her garden and then saves all year. They are basically bomb.

You can eat it with pita chips, or just with celery, cucumbers, and carrots.
Be creative. It's good on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, you know you want to...